Potato Salad with Calamari and Anchovies
- 1 lb (450g) cleaned, whole calamari (ink and quills removed by fishmonger)
- 1 ½ lbs baby potatoes
- 3 green onions, sliced
- handful fresh mint, chopped
- handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil plus 1 tbsp for the pan
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups arugula to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold, salted water. Add 1/4 tsp salt. Bring potatoes to the boil and simmer until just tender, drain, and set aside.
- Combine green onions, mint, cilantro, anchovies, oil, vinegar, and lemon zest in a serving bowl. Add potatoes and toss to combine. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, prepare squid: slice ‘bodies’ into circles, and trim any extra long tentacles from the tentacles. Heat a fry pan over medium high heat with 1 tbsp of oil. Add squid circles and tentacles and stir fry, quickly, until circles are white and tentacles are curly and purple- it only takes about 1 minute. Season with sea salt and juice of ½ a lemon. Toss squid into the potato salad and top with arugula.
- Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serves 4-6