Seared Scallops with Horseradish Cream
- 6 fat scallops
- sea salt
for the hoseradish cream
- 2 tbsp grated horseradish (peel first before grating)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- pinch dry mustard
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup sour cream or crème fraiche
- 1 cup loosely packed micro greens
- Pat scallops dry with paper towel and season with a pinch of sea salt.
- In a small bowl, combine horseradish with remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a pan to medium high heat and add a little olive oil. Fry scallops– 2 min on one side, just a minute on the other, until no longer translucent in the middle.
- Remove from heat and season with cracked black pepper.
- To plate, spoon a dollop of cream on plates and top with scallops. Finish with a tangle of micro greens and a pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Serves 1, or 2 as an appetizer