Mango & Cambazola Quesadilla
- 200-300g cambazola, or any semi-soft creamy blue cheese, at room temp
- 1 mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, cored and finely sliced
- 1 red chilli pepper (finger chilli), deseeded and thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, very thinly sliced
- 4 tsp chopped cilantro for serving
- olive oil, for brushing
- Smooth cheese over one side of each tortilla. Divide remaining ingredients amongst 4 tortillas and cover with remaining tortillas. You now have a quesadilla. What’s a quesadilla? Mexican grilled cheese.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium high heat. Coat with a little olive oil. This could also be done on a grill pan or bbq.
- Fry (or grill) quesadillas on both sides until crispy and cheese has melted. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into wedges. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- Serve on a platter for a stand up party, or with a small salad for lunch.
To make a quick mango salsa
- Chop ¼ mango, ¼ red pepper and ¼ red onion into cubes. Add 1 chopped tomato, the juice of ½ a lime, sea salt and pepper. Stir well. Serve as a side with quesadillas.
- 8 x 10 inch flour tortillas