Steak Sandwiches with Miso Butter
- 1-2 tbsp white miso
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 100g beef minute (sirloin) steaks
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2-3 shallots or one sweet onion, sliced
- ⅔ cup (200g) mayonnaise
- 2 panini rolls, halved and toasted
- ⅓ cup (90g) store-bought relish
- 2 tablespoons hot English mustard
- In a small bowl mix miso with 1.5 tbsp of butter.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the remaining ½ tbsp butter. Sprinkle the steaks with salt and pepper and cook, in batches, for 1–2 minutes each side. Spread a little miso butter on the steaks after the first flip. Transfer to plate to rest.
- Turn up the heat in the pan. Add chopped shallots and stir occasionally, until soft.
- Toast rolls. (Or just do it quickly on a hot pan.) Thinly slice steak against the grain.
- Combine mayonnaise with relish and mustard and spread onto each roll half and top with the steak, and remaining sauce, shallots and greens. Sprinkle with pepper to serve.
- Serves 4