Vietnamese Salad Rolls
- 1 mango, peeled and flesh chopped into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- 5 cm piece cucumber, chopped into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 100g rice noodles, cooked and rinsed
- edible flowers or fresh herbs – chive flowers! How …
- rice papers
for the dressing
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp palm or brown sugar
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 150 ml fresh lime juice
- Nasturtiums if you have them!
- handful toasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well and set aside.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to boil. Boil rice vermicelli 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, drain and set aside to cool.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water.
- Dip one wrapper into the hot water for a couple of seconds to soften.
- Lay wrapper flat on a cutting board or counter.
- In a row, along once side of the wrapper, place a handful of vermicelli, basil, mint, cilantro, lettuce, and vegetables. Place nasturtiums on top third of paper. Fold ends inward, then tightly roll the wrapper.
- Slice in half and serve with Sauce.
- Serves 6