- 8 slices prosciutto
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 head radicchio
- 75ml best olive oil
- 50ml aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Parmesan, to garnish
- Flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Slice prosciutto into rough pieces. Heat a fry pan over medium heat. Add a ½ tsp olive oil. When hot, add prosciutto. Stir for a few seconds, then add garlic. Sauté until prosciutto is just crispy.
- Meanwhile, remove outer leaves from radicchio. Cut head in half and slice into fine slivers. Set aside.
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic and Dijon together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss radicchio in pan with prosciutto. Add dressing and quickly toss.
- Divide between serving plates and top with strips of Parmesan – use a vegetable peeler for this job. Finish with a sprinkling of sea salt, pepper and parsley.
- Serves 2-4