Ingredients for Brown Butter with Mignonette
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup Champagne Vinegar (substitute Sherry vinegar)
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- pinch white sugar
- pinch sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
Ingredients for Crunchy Gremolata
- 100g diced pancetta
- ¼ cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- zest of a lemon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges to serve
Directions for Brown Butter with Mignonette
- Heat butter in a small saucepan until it foams. Swirl it around, let it calm down, then allow to become foamy again, a second time. Swirl and take off the heat when butter below becomes lovely light brown in colour.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Add brown butter and whisk well.
Directions for Crunchy Gremolata
- Fry pancetta in a large fry pan for a minute or so, then add breadcrumbs. Still well and fry until breadcrumbs are golden and pancetta is cripsy. Spoon in a small bowl and add lemon zest, parsley, a swirl of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Shuck oysters and serve over shaved ice. (Ice cubes melt too quickly). Leave out toppings and lemon wedges so people can help themselves.
- Sauces for 12 Oysters