Chick Pea, Wheat berry and bits of Nori Salad
- 1 x 540ml / 19 fl oz chick peas
- 1 cup (250ml) cooked wheat berries, barley, brown rice or farro
- 1 cup (250ml) frozen shelled edamame
- 1 carrot, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 sheets toasted nori sheets, shredded with scissors.
- 3-4 green onions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- tortilla chips
- Rinse chickpeas well with cold water and place in a large bowl. Add cooked wheat berries.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add edamame and boil for 5 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- In a small bowl whisk together sesame oil, soy sauce and sesame seeds. Toss with chickpeas, wheat berries and edamame.
- Top with green onions and bits of nori.
- Serves 4
- *I’ll do the nori cutting on camera.