Buckwheat Noodles with Sesame and Greens
- 1 package buckwheat noodles (300g)
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 green onions, finely sliced, tops reserved for garnish
- 4-5 cups mixed greens – asparagus, bok choy, spinach, kale, whatever greens are available
- sesame seeds – black and white – to garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Rinse well and transfer to a bowl. Mix soy, mirin, vinegar and sesame oil together and immediately toss HALF of mixture with hot noodles.
- While noodles are cooking, heat vegetable oil in a fry pan or wok. Add garlic, ginger and whites of green onions. Stir-fry quickly. Add greens and remaining soy mixture. Continue to cook until greens are tender.
- Divide noodles between bowls, or pile onto a serving platter, and top with greens. Garnish with sesame seeds and finely sliced green onions.
- Serves 2