- 1 cup (250ml) brown rice
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 bunch of kale, stalks removed, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch chard, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted in a dry fry pan
- Fresh greens to garnish
The Peanut Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (350ml) unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 glove of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut water, or more depending on thickness of sauce
- Touch of brown sugar or maple syrup to taste
- Preheat oven on to 400F.
- Place rice in a sieve and rinse well under cold water. Place rice in saucepan, add 2 cups of water, a knob of coconut oil, a pinch of salt, and bring to the boil. Cover, turn to low, and leave to cook for 40 minutes. (Or cook according to package directions - brown rice instructions can vary).
- Place cubed sweet potato on roasting pan, toss with olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper. Roast in hot oven for 20 minutes, or until crispy-rimmed and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the peanut sauce by combining sauce ingredients in a food processor and blitzing until smooth. Taste the sauce and adjust accordingly. If it’s too thick, add more coconut water. Set aside.
- Place greens in steamer over a pot of boiling water. Steam for 2 minutes, or just until wilted.
- To serve, divide rice between bowls. Top with some peanut sauce, steamed greens, sweet potato, sesame seeds and garnish with fresh greens.
- Serves 4