- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 gloves garlic, left whole
- 3-4 slices of day-old baguette
- 1 red pepper, charred under the broiler or on the BBQ
- 3 ripe tomatoes, roasted
- 1/2 cup (125ml) roasted hazelnuts or cashews, almonds, or a mix
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 finger chili, halved, seeds and membrane removed
- Sea salt to taste - about 1/2 tsp.
- Serve with fresh, raw vegetables - asparagus, carrots, radicchio leaves, radish
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add whole garlic cloves and bread. Fry slices on both sides until golden brown. Set pan aside.
- Peel skin off red pepper. Core the pepper by slicing off the ‘cheeks’. Place pepper and roasted tomatoes into a food processor along with toast, garlic and olive oil from the pan. Add smoked paprika, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and chili. Blitz it all together until almost smooth. Add sea salt to taste.