An Amazing Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Pear, Cheddar (or Gouda) and Onion marmalade
For one sandwich
- ½ thinly sliced pear or apple
- 3-4 slices aged Cheddar or Gouda
- 2 tsp caramelized onion marmalade – store bought
- A small handful of Greens – watercress, arugula or spinach
- Butter for the pan
- Spread Marmalade on two slices of crusty bread. Add sliced cheese to one side, then pear slices, then more cheese, then a few sprigs of watercress, arugula or spinach.
- Heat butter in a fry pan. Spread mayo on outside of sandwich. Carefully lay sandwich into pan. Gently squish with lid of pan. Add mayo to top side, and when underside is golden and cheese is melting, flip and grill other side. Sandwiches can be made on a grill pan or Panini press. Use what you have.